The Union faculty and staff are ready to help you design courses and curriculum to meet your specific training needs. With expertise in the clinical, programmatic, and organisational management of diseases our team has designed programmes for some of the leading lung health organisations in the world. We specialise in programmes designed to reduce the burden of lung disease, improve overall lung health, and better manage TB in low-resource settings.
For more information about or to schedule a tailored course please contact us.
See real life examples of how The Union works to identify training needs and deliver training programmes that get results.
Specialized training in clinical and programmatic management of DR-TB
In September 2022, The Union delivered the first national DR-TB clinical and programmatic course in the country and was founded by the Global Fund TB Grant for Eritrea.
A DR-TB Academy for all healthcare workers
The Union has developed a DR-TB Academy to train physicians, nurses and other health workers on detection, diagnosis and treatment of Drug Resistant TB.
Using Data to Improve Public Health Outcomes
Based upon our Principles of Management in Tuberculosis Care and Prevention, The Union developed TBData4Action, a training program on TB data specific to the needs of the Government of Kenya.
Prevent Tuberculosis: Management of TB Infection
The Union developed an online course in English, French and Spanish to improve the knowledge regarding all aspects of TB infection care, including diagnosis and treatment with the aim of increasing country-level implementation of TB Infection care.
Child and Adolescent TB for Healthcare Workers
The Union, in collaboration with the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), has updated material that supports teaching and learning on tuberculosis in children and adolescents.
Training to protect the world from disease
Working in a strategic partnership with the CDC, The Union developed the CDC IMPACT Program, a robust and comprehensive training program to help boost the management and leadership skills of public health fellows in Bangladesh, Cambodia and Kenya.
Programme management to improve patient outcomes
Union Courses delivered training to improve project management and budgeting skills to a diverse team of healthcare and administrative professionals. They could then better assist the Ministry of Health in Myanmar and have a meaningful impact on the state of TB and TB-HIV in the country.
Building capacity for effective tobacco control efforts
As part of The Bloomberg Initiative to Reduce Tobacco Use program, Union Courses built the management and leadership skills of potential grantees to ensure the success of grassroots efforts and deliver maximum impact at the local level.
Giving advocates tools to fight noncommunicable diseases
The Union facilitated a strategic sessions that allowed representatives from national NCD organisations to better understand how to define shared priorities and visioning as an advocacy network.
The Union faculty have expertise in the clinical, programmatic, and organisational management of diseases, as well as leading expertise in public health management. Our team has decades of experience and we have designed programmes for some of the leading lung health organisations in the world.
Union past-president, Dr E Jane Carter is one of our experts, with over 30 years of professional dedication and expertise in tuberculosis.
Clients and Strategic Partners
The Union has worked in partnership with the following organisations on training and education programmes:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Center for Health Solutions – Kenya
- Damien Foundation
- Dirección de Prevención y Control de Tuberculosis del Ministerio de Salud, Peru
- East, Central and Southern Africa Health Community
- Eiken Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- European Respiratory Society (ERS)
- The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria
- Johnson & Johnson Foundation
- Kenya National Tuberculosis Leprosy & Lung Disease (NTLD) Program
- Ministério da Saúde, Mozambique
- Ministerio de Salud Pública y Asistencia Social, Guatemala
- NCD Alliance
- Oxford Immunotec
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
- Programa de Control y Eliminación de la Tuberculosis, Chile
- Programa Nacional de Control de la Tuberculosis, Panama
- Programa Nacional de Controle da Tuberculose, Brazil
- Programme National de lutte contre la Tuberculose du Bénin
- Resolve to Save Lives
- Secretaría de Salud, Honduras
- Socios en Salud (Partners in Health), Perú
- United Nations Development Programma (UNDP), Bolivia
- Vietnam Association Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (VATLD)
- Vietnam National TB Control Program
- Vital Strategies
- World Health Organization