- Shape the future of lung health: Join a scientific section and work with other members to change lung health, impact policies, and champion change.
- Join forces to create change locally: Coordinate with members in your region to develop conferences, workshops and other projects.
- Find partners and collaborators: Members gain access to a global database of clinicians, researchers, allied health professionals, policy leaders, community leaders and advocates.
- Drive content to influence global events: Members shape the scientific content of the Union World Conference on Lung Health, through the Coordinating Committee of Scientific Activities.
- Knowledge sharing at an international level: Members benefit from reduced registration rates at the Union World Conference, and they organise regional conferences to fight lung health challenges locally.
- Enhance your continuous learning: Members receive discounts on Union courses to learn clinical expertise, management and research skills from experts in the field.
- Get the latest scientific news: Access The Union’s monthly peer-reviewed journal, the International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease.
- Learn together online: Participate in one of our many member-exclusive webinars on the latest science and research. Developed by members for members and delivered by experts.
- Guide scientific research through debate: Lead on webinars or workshops to profile and share your work with others, support their growth and create a shared learning experience.
- Become a thought leader: Members are supported to co-author essential technical guides and position statements on critical public health issues.
- Extend your reach: Write an article for the member-exclusive newsletter. Distributed to members monthly, it provides a platform to profile your work; enabling collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Shine in the spotlight: Be featured in the Member Spotlight column of the member newsletter, or become one of our Union Achievers and showcase your work on our website.
Membership types and fees
Membership to The Union means you are part of something bigger, a global force and movement of like-minded individuals who champion change for a better future in lung health.
Join as an Individual
Any interested individual may join The Union to support its international work and take advantage of the professional opportunities its worldwide network offers.
|Type of Membership
|Member from low- and lower-middle income country
|Member from high income country
|Student member (in training and 35 or under)
Any organisation that shares the vision and goals of The Union may apply to become an organisation member, and benefit from:
- A package of individual memberships for your staff
- Recognition on The Union website. See our current organisation members
- Exclusive entrance into the Christmas Seals Competition
- Access the International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
- Exclusive discounts on our courses and conferences
Our fees vary depending on which country an organisation is based.
If your organisation is interested in joining The Union, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org
Members who are able to make an additional contribution on top of their membership fee to support The Union are recognised as Benefactor members.
Silver: Annual donation of €500 – 999
Gold: Annual donation of €1,000 – 1,999
Platinum: Annual donation of > €2,000