Public Health Action (PHA) is a peer-reviewed Open Access journal that communicates and reports new knowledge across all relevant areas of operational research including: infection control, nutrition, TB, HIV, vaccines, smoking, COVID-19, microbial resistance and disease outbreaks.
We have recently expanded the scope of PHA to provide broad coverage of relevant areas of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the United Nations. This includes the impact of climate change, universal health coverage, the need for equality, improving access to education and training and good nutrition for health and wellbeing.
Public Health Action (PHA) is owned and published by The Union.
Find out full details of the Editorial Board.
- PHA now available on PMC and PubMed
- Frequency: Online issues indexed quarterly
- Circulation: Open access e-ISSN: 2220-8372
- Open Access: all Open Access articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted reuse, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Indexing and abstracting: PHA is fully searchable on PubMed, Web of Science and Google Scholar and indexed in the Emerging Sources Citation Index, the Global Health and CAB Abstracts databases and Elsevier EMBASE. Article level metrics are available for all published content. PHA is deposited with CLOCKSS and LOCKSS and also available as full-text articles (back to Volume 1, Number 1) on PubMed Central.
For all queries regarding submission, proofs or advertising in Public Health Action, please contact the PHA Editorial Office.
Advertising and Sponsorship
Advertising and Sponsoring content is an excellent way of reaching clinicians, health care workers, researchers, students and decision makers. As an Open Access journal, PHA has no barriers to access and can reach readers in public health centres, medical, university and pharmaceutical libraries, along with civil society and the patients themselves.