Public Health Action (PHA) is a peer-reviewed scholarly journal that actively encourages, communicates and reports new knowledge, dialogue and controversy in health systems and services for people in vulnerable and resource-limited communities.
PHA is freely available online for everyone to read.
Information for Authors
PHA welcomes the submission of articles on operational research, including policy, practice, systems, quality assurance/quality improvement, economics, equity, ethics and access to services.
The editors will consider any manuscript reporting original research on health systems and services, with a focus on access, equity, quality and quality improvement, efficiency and cost-effectiveness and ethical issues related to health systems and services.
To enable free access for all readers, authors of accepted articles are required to pay a publication charge.
PHA welcome articles on COVID-19 and encourage authors to submit original research with a specific focus on the impact of COVID-19 on health systems and services, with regard to access, quality issues, efficiency and cost-effectiveness, along with ethical issues related to equity of health care provision.
Public Health Action (PHA) is owned and published by The Union. The Editor in Chief of PHA is Dermot Maher, MD (Switzerland)
Find out full details of the Editorial Board.
- PHA now available on PMC and PubMed
- Frequency: Online issues indexed quarterly – articles published online within 4 weeks of acceptance
- Circulation: Open access e-ISSN: 2220-8372
- Charges: 1500 € publication charge applicable on acceptance
- Waivers: For cost reasons, waivers cannot be granted.
- Open Access: all Open Access articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted reuse, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Indexing and abstracting: PHA is indexed in the Emerging Sources Citation Index, the Global Health and CAB Abstracts databases, Elsevier EMBASE, and with CLOCKSS and LOCKSS. PHA is also available on PubMed back to Volume 1, Number 1 (Sept 2011) due to deposit on PubMed Central.
For all queries regarding submission, proofs or advertising in Public Health Action, please contact the PHA Editorial Office.
Rights & Permissions
All requests must be submitted by email or fax. They should indicate the author names, the title of the article being referred to, the full Journal reference (year, vol, page range), and in what manner this material will be used. To obtain permission or for further information, please contact Rasha Jerandi, Submissions Coordinator, PHA Editorial Office, 68 bd Saint Michel, Paris, France. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising in PHA
Advertising is an excellent means to reach physicians, health workers, researchers, professors, students and decision makers. As an open access journal, PHA will reach public health centres, medical, university and pharmaceutical libraries, hospitals, clinics, foundations and institutions.