Paris is the historic home and heartland of The Union, ever since the Constitutional Conference of the International Union Against Tuberculosis (IUAT), held at the Sorbonne in Paris in 1920, when 31 nations pledged to work together to fight TB.
From Paris our team of experts work to influence health policy on a global scale through:
- Influential partnerships with our global partners, such as the Global TB Caucus, Stop TB Partnership, NCD Alliance, Forum of International Respiratory Societies, Vital Strategies and the Global Asthma Network.
- Funding support through The French Government’s Agence Française de Développement (AFD) which funds The Union’s TB work in francophone Africa.
- Knowledge sharing on an international level by organising the Union World Conference on Lung Health, the world’s largest scientific conference working to end the suffering caused by lung disease.
- Support for our members. Members are the lifeblood of The Union, and the Paris office helps develop, support and grow this movement of like-minded individuals and organisations who work together to champion change for a better future in lung health.
- Publishing the latest science through The Union’s monthly peer-reviewed journal, the International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, and Public Health Action. The Paris headquarters oversees the coordination of research, publications and The Union’s historic journal library including original editions of the bulletin dating back to 1920.
- Supporting The Union Board of Directors by coordinating the Board’s vital work to set the strategic direction of the organisation and oversee its governance as part of the powers bestowed upon it by the General Assembly.